CITY PROFILE


Trece Martires City popularly known as Quintana by older folks, and was one of the oldest barrios of the Municipality of Tanza. The city has been named to honor and perpetuate the memory of the Thirteen Martyrs of Cavite who were sentenced to death by Council of War and was executed on September 12, 1896.

The city has a total area of 3,917 hectares or 39.17 square kilometers, composed of thirteen (13) Barangays. Three (3) of these barangays namely Barangay San Agustin, Luciano and Lapidario which have an aggregate area of 566 hectares or 14.45% of the city's total land area comprise the Poblacion while the remaining 85.55% or 3,351 hectares were classified/categorized as rural barangays.

The city lies 45 kilometers south of Manila. It is located at coordinate 14 18' longitudes and 120 53' latitude and located at the center of Cavite Province. It is bounded by the Municipalities of Amadeo and Indang on the South, by the Municipality of Tanza in the North, by General Trias in the East while Tanza and Naic are in the West.

The city has an elevation of 100 feet above sea level. Although there are hilly portions, the greater parts of its area are generally plain. Slope ranges from 0% – 8% distributive in terms of hectarage, 1% – 3% having an area of 1,606.15 hectares and 3% - 8% with an area of 2,310.85 hectares.

The City has Four Major Rivers: these are Pulonan River, Cañas River, Kay Alamang River and Panaysayan River.

The city's land use is generally apportioned into build-up areas comprising of 1,150 hectares or 29.36%, industrial areas with 100 hectares or 2.55%, agricultural areas with 703 hectares or 17.95%, agro-industrial areas with 115 hectares or 2.94% open grasslands/idle land with 1,471 hectares or 37.55% roads with 144 hectares or 3.68% and water bodies with 234 hectares or 5.97%.

Based in the National Statistics Office 2010 Survey, the City has 11.46% growth rate annually which is the highest nationwide. The city has a population of 125,576 with a population density of 36 person / sq. km. The male to female ratio is almost 50:50. Most of its populace is dominantly Roman Catholic followed by other religious affiliations such as Iglesia ni Kristo, Protestant or other spiritual beliefs. The number of the Muslim Community still increase as they explore business oppurtunity in the city.

The city's labor force has 53,602 with an employment rate of 84.4%. Its economic dependency ratio is 66 dependents for every 100 productive workers.

The city has now fifty six (56) registered schools with complete basic facilities, thirteen (13) Public Day Care, twelve (12) Public Elementary and six (6) Public Secondary. Out of twenty five (25) Private Schools only seven (7) schools offered complete secondary education. The city also offers college education through the following schools; Trece Martires City College, Amore College and Cavite State University - TMC Campus. Department of Education’s  Technical Skills and Development Authority (TESDA) also have training facilities in the city.

The annual increase of business establishments are indications of a thriving business environment and presents an opportunity haven for investors.   

OUR CITY
Hon. Melan de Sagun

I am very pleased to welcome you to the Heroic City of Martyrs, the land of religious, hospitable and generous people, the only gambling and drug - free city in the Philippines..

Our City was named after the 13 Caviteños who were executed by the Spaniards that resulted in the outbreak of the Philippine Revolution.

» Read Full Message

View Mayor's Gallery

Mayor's Profile